• 26(current)
[RELEASE] veetle.com
(2012-09-22, 14:59)kurt.hewett Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 18:18)newatv2user Wrote: Here's a test version guys. This uses modified form of akamaihd proxy server by BlueCop. So thanks to him.

May not work, that's why I'm calling it a test version. Seems to be working on my Windows Eden Stable. If someone can clean it up or debug the errors the script is throwing on the log, that would be great.

Veetle using proxy.

P.S: If the proxy server could be stopped once we are out of veetle, that would be even better.

does the "Veetle using proxy" from post #349, work on ATV2 for everyone?
Because mine plays for about a second and buffers for about 30-60seconds and plays for another second or two and stops,
can someone please help?

nevermind it seem to be working with the fix in post #322

(2012-09-10, 02:01)adult411 Wrote: There is now a fix for Veetle on the ATV2 read more here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is now a fix for Veetle on the ATV2 read more here:

download this file from here

avformat-52-arm-osx.zip http://www.mediafire.com/?dwzpn36eqhsue7p

copy this file to here on your apple tv 2

/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/players/dvdplayer

Once this is done your Veetle will be fixed just been watching it for the last hour
enjoy

I tried this countless times before but it didn't work.
then I started from scratch and did this when XBMC is not running and then it started to work. I thought I'd post so it may help someone.

Thanks

veetle not working for me now, channels load but will not play.
Any body else with same.
Running Windows 7 64x
No worky raspbmc. Sad it was fun while it lasted. I wonder whatthey changed this time....
The proxy version works fine on raspbmc to. I'm watching it right now. So does the hacked binary.
Here is a link to the working version including r-pi. Just install from zip inside XBMC.

Why it's not working for you guys is probably because you have the old zip with the same name in the addons/packages folder therefore the old version just gets installed again, this one has a altered name so it will install the new version.

Thanks to newatv2user!
if you have fusion has a repo in your settings go to add ons go then to fusion and there is a veetle proxy fix already done in the settings
Is someone actively working on this and is there a GitHub / some other repository where one can find the latest version of the code, or should I just take one of the versions that were posted here?

I'll want to take a look at it and see how hard it would be to hook it up to the Veetle Guide.
(2012-11-01, 00:28)rick deckard Wrote: Is someone actively working on this and is there a GitHub / some other repository where one can find the latest version of the code, or should I just take one of the versions that were posted here?

I'll want to take a look at it and see how hard it would be to hook it up to the Veetle Guide.
There hasn't been an official update since the site change required fixes. If you could get the guide integrated that would be amazing. I looked into it, but have no experience(learned a little).

I took the last version posted by netimports and made some improvements. Here's the change log:

- Refactoring to several modules/objects
- Loads channel/schedule data from veetleguide.appspot.com
- Caches channel/schedule data to prevent reloading of data for each view
- Sort channels by popularity / current viewers
- Show channel count next to category
- Show current schedule item next to channel in category view
- Added schedule view
- Improved label formatting

There are still some issues with caching that I need to fix, but otherwise it seems to run smoothly.

This version requires the Common Cache plugin, so you might need to install that to get the plugin to work.

I also created a Github repository for the plugin: https://github.com/sissbruecker/xbmc-veetle-plugin

To install just download the .zip from the repository and move the extracted folder into your addons folder.
Great job Rick!

Schedule view:

Category view:

Second post on the board and you create this, awesome! I've been waiting for this since I discovered the veetleguide site. +1 rep for you. I did have a suggestion though. I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to list the schedule of the selected channel, maybe in media info view?
Awesome,amazing, great and wonderful just what I wanna tell. rick deckard your works is commendable. I have installed your newly developed addon and confirm that its work like a charm.
great thanks a lot!!
(2012-11-09, 02:07)rick deckard Wrote: I took the last version posted by netimports and made some improvements. Here's the change log:

- Refactoring to several modules/objects
- Loads channel/schedule data from veetleguide.appspot.com
- Caches channel/schedule data to prevent reloading of data for each view
- Sort channels by popularity / current viewers
- Show channel count next to category
- Show current schedule item next to channel in category view
- Added schedule view
- Improved label formatting

There are still some issues with caching that I need to fix, but otherwise it seems to run smoothly.

This version requires the Common Cache plugin, so you might need to install that to get the plugin to work.

I also created a Github repository for the plugin: https://github.com/sissbruecker/xbmc-veetle-plugin

To install just download the .zip from the repository and move the extracted folder into your addons folder.

Rick, would you be interested in having this hosted in the xbmchub repository? You can maintain yourself or put it up there to be maintained by community.. would be nice to get this up as an official release

Jump over to xbmchub.com
Thanks everyone!

Today I fixed a rather nasty problem where the channel/schedule data would be cached forever (=channel/schedule views are never updated). You should get the updated version from the repository: https://github.com/sissbruecker/xbmc-veetle-plugin

Also I'm thinking about the schedule view. In the Veetle Guide you have an option to jump to the upcoming items, but I don't see how to implement such an action with XBMC. Would you guys rather have the schedule view only displaying the upcoming items? That would be every item that starts after now or has started max. 10 minutes ago.

@ spyder:

Yes, I have the schedule data for every channel, but I only know how to display it with workarounds. I'm still new with the whole addon development thing, but the only solution I see here is to write a channels schedule into the plot field of the media info view. Anyone know some native way to display a schedule with the default skin? Anyway, I'll try to add this within the next week.

@ Eldorado:

Why not, do you have a link to a wiki/forum thread that explains how to submit an addon? But first there are still some minor issues I have to fix, plus I want to make sure it's stable before adding it to a repo.
@rick: As far as listing supplementary info that is the only view type I've seen suitable. The filmon plugin does something similar, but since the update the epg isn't available(pay only?).
Also, you list the ability to sort by popularity/viewers, but the ''sort by'' is greyed out(confluence skin)
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] veetle.com1