"Use folder name for lookups" in musicvideos
I think the entire Music Videos situation is a mess.

It seems to me that it was envisaged as as a one video = one song MTV type 'video' situation (except there's no great online database to scrape from) AND a lot of users would like to use it in the more plausible situation of 'Music Video' = concert (similar to a a video album, with multiple tracks from one or more artist). Because of this, they are either forced to classify them as movies, or less often, tv shows, OR come up with a creative workaround with NFO files (as I do)

I think using Folder Names is 'fine'... but it's a work around and not a proper solution.
I believe there needs to be a rethink of video classes:

Movies <--- works well
TV Series <---- works well
Music Videos <---- Doesn't really manage to handle the 'video single' vs 'video album/concert' issue
Documentaries <----- Another problem area where a video doesn't fit in the Movie or TV series
Home Movies<---- Yet another movie type that doesn't fit the schema
Video Clips<---- Yet another movie type not fitting the schema

I know some folks will worry about a never ending list of 'categories'... but the fact remains, a video clip isn't really a movie (feature film) and it's not a TV series, so what the hell IS it?

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by jotosmurf - 2011-12-05, 17:19
RE: "Use folder name for lookups" in musicvideos - by AnalogKid - 2012-04-07, 01:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Use folder name for lookups" in musicvideos1