List view - movie/tv show description gone
(2013-07-04, 03:05)genie Wrote: Hey how are you? I am so glad your still on the job send me your paypal email address so I can share the love, eg take the kids to the movies.
I've been better. Have been a bit ill lately, thus the slower rate of changes going to Passion at the moment. Thanks for the offer, but don't have access to Paypal, maybe you should make a donation to XBMC instead (everyone gains that way).
Quote:Great job just running up test of Frodo with your Skin 1.3.1
Really need to bump that version number as you are running version 1.3.1+ if you are running from Passion repo at the moment, might have to call it 1.3.3 as transfix insists that my current version is 1.3.2 and I will probably make a couple of minor changes to some of my skin strings with the new version.
Quote:, first thing I had to do was set Home Menu:Home type to Vertical, not sure why this was not the default.
Lots of reasons why "Vertical" home menu is no longer the default, but the main one is that while the vertical menu is easier for people who can't read (just look at the pictures instead), the horizontal menu is a more compact way to show what is available. For example on my test system if I change to vertical home menu I have 20 items in the list (lots of scrolling to get to what I want). Horizontal home menu this is shown all on one screen (although sub lists are hidden, so still scrolling to see some item anyway). So really it a choice between a home menu that non readers can navigate or a home menu that is more compact. In my case all of my children can now read, so I prefer the compact form. Really it's one setting in the skins settings menu, so no real issue to change back to old menu type. As a side note, I have been playing with a icon type home menu (think Gen3 AppleTV home menu) but I am still not happy with what I have so have not added that to the production form of the skin. This might change if I can fix a number of issues with what I have locally.
Quote:One small problem I cannot seem to solve is in Movie List View the movies are coming up with movie length underneath the title and there is no option to turn it off in "View as" my settings here are List,File,Assending,Stacked.

Chearz Marty
Marty, sorry I have way too many options in this skin now really don't want to add any more(so there is no setting in the skin to change this). But yes you are right it is a bit redundant to show the duration of the movie twice on the one screen. The way List view works now is more in keeping with how the AppleTV looks (trying to make skin more AppleTV like), but there is no reason why I can't change what info is shown in the lower half of the listitems, what would you suggest?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by wyrm - 2011-12-05, 16:01
[No subject] - by frakassor - 2011-12-05, 20:10
[No subject] - by wyrm - 2011-12-06, 04:21
[No subject] - by frakassor - 2011-12-06, 19:18
[No subject] - by wyrm - 2011-12-07, 03:07
RE: List view - movie/tv options - by genie - 2013-07-04, 03:05
RE: List view - movie/tv options - by wyrm - 2013-07-04, 04:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List view - movie/tv show description gone1