Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
I made a ticket ( http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12782 ) for this already, but I was told to also post here. As such I'll just copy the ticket content here:

I would like to propose a feature for XBMC to allow users to associate extra files and/or versions to a movie/TV show title. Like e.g. many movies include stuff like "Behind the scenes", "Making of" and such, and many TV shows feature such stuff too, though some of the TV show - extras as per-episode and some are per-season.

These extras should not show up as additional titles in the library so as to clutter it up unnecessarily, instead they should be accessible once you've chosen a movie or TV-show. I shall leave the actual UI details to someone else.

It would be preferential for users to be allowed to manually associate external files, give them a meaningful description etc., but XBMC should also handle adding such automatically should there exist files/folders with matching names. The naming scheme should be clearly documented in the Wiki or somewhere, though.

One easy way would be as follows: You have a file with the name "Movie.mkv". XBMC checks if there exists a folder with the name "Movie.mkv - Extras" and if so, associates the contents there with the "Movie.mkv", then proceeds to scrape only the "Movie.mkv", not the extras. Not all people like the idea of creating subfolders, though, so it would likely be a good idea to also allow non-subfolder-based extras.

As for how useful this feature would be: I doubt it would be used much by the general userbase, but for film buffs like me it would be a great boon and save us from hopping on and off of XBMC and facilitate actual proper media library creation.

Messages In This Thread
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title - by WereCatf - 2012-03-08, 12:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8