Help a noob plan their first HTPC!
Thanks Kirky!

Well I did some more work last night and I have XBMC, SABNzbd and Sickbeard all installed and working pretty well.

There was some post-processing issues after sending a TV show from Sickbeard into SABNzbd but I got that figured out. It's amazing how user friendly the error messages are in the SABNzbd logs. It's in plain english which I love.

The only weird thing I noticed was the little image icon for 30 Rock in my Aeon XBMC skin was this ugly low-res picture stretched all weird. The background banner downloaded beautifully and is high res but the little image was ugly and stretched. I tried playing around with some of the skin display settings but couldn't figure out if Sickbeard just grabbed a crappy low res picture for that or what. I'll have to look into it a little more.

Since I was just testing the 'logistics' of SickBeard -> SABNzbd -> Playing the video in XBMC, I was only downloading standard def videos last night. I'll definitely be testing some 1080p blu-ray quality videos soon. I'll be sure to take some pictures soon so you guys can see.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help a noob plan their first HTPC! - by magpieswarble - 2012-04-05, 18:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help a noob plan their first HTPC!0