xbmc.bin idling at 100% CPU usage
(2012-04-06, 15:59)nouniques Wrote: Hello all,

First thing I would like to thank all people involved in developing and supporting this awesome media centre player.

Just recently I've build HTPC from scratch around AMD A6-3500 APU. Everything works flawlessly.
Currently I'm using Xbmc-xvba build, on Xubuntu 11.10 64bit with AMD Catalyst 12.2 drivers installed manually. I've tried original Team-xbmc and Pulse8 builds as well before this.

My only problem is as threads title says xbmc.bin when idle uses a lot of CPU. On average on all 3 cores the load is more that 50%, and randomly jumping to 100%, the load drops significantly when playing video or watching live TV, but as soon as some xbmc skin is visible it raises to high levels again.
The problem persist on all three builds I've tried, straight from fresh install of xbmc, with and without video library and live tv enabled. I've tried many suggestions (v-sync is on, advancedsettings preloaded with different settings tried) but nothing changes really.
Here is my xbmc.log with debugging enabled http://pastebin.com/EVpaqAkg
I've disabled Live TV and video sources for cleaner log.
Thanks everyone in advance.

if you have dirty region rendering enabled, v-sync on and still get very high cpu load(in my case 100% on 1 core) you can try downgrading the ati driver to 11.12 or 11.11. so far this issue has only been reported with ati hd 4000 series and catalyst >12.2, possibly it also affects other ati hardware. Worth a shot, if you are out of ideas. If you try it, plz report back with results.

Messages In This Thread
RE: xbmc.bin idling at 100% CPU usage - by wsnipex - 2012-04-06, 19:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc.bin idling at 100% CPU usage0