What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?
(2012-03-27, 07:54)bossanova808 Wrote: Abstraction from specific file names/paths - moving to using the logical entity instead.
Oh how dreamy, I fantasize about this feature weekly ;-) But alas it would require significant DDL changes and would complicate the schema a bit.

(2012-03-27, 07:58)jmarshall Wrote: The problem with that one is you have to know where the file is. The trick is to use a hash of the file to detect dupes on scan (in case user scans new location) and if the file isn't there, check whether it might have moved (eg is the source gone as well?) and ask the user to correct things. The latter is something that wouldn't take too much to do right away - an ideal project for someone wishing to get their feet wet. The second would require some changes in the db which would be slightly more work.
jmarshall, an alternative approach would be the separate the logical identity of the abstract media element and the media file(s) themselves - you would not need to use file hashes to detect dups, nor care if files are moved as long as the new location gets scanned. This forum probably isn't the place for such technical discussions, but if you are interested I'd be happy to talk through what I mean by this via PM or gChat.
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen

Messages In This Thread
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - by Thracx - 2012-03-27, 15:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?1