What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?
(2012-03-26, 16:07)zag2me Wrote: I guess with trakt.tv and last.fm features these days its not such a priority. I have movie plays linked to facebook now and always get a few comments from friends about if the movie was any good or not.

I always did think it would be nice to make more of a feedback loop for media though.

Just playing tvshows or movies isn't really what home theatre should be about, it should be more social.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but I don't understand. Perhaps I just don't see the use case, so bear with me (and admittedly, I'm not a huge proponent of social media). What did you envision here? Do you want to post to twitter and FB what you're currently watching?
(2012-03-27, 07:54)bossanova808 Wrote: Abstraction from specific file names/paths - moving to using the logical entity instead.

So Donnie Darko (2005) or Mad Men S05E02 - but not tied to the actual path/file so that if you change serving methods, move files etc, it can just re-jog the reference to where the file is, without having to re-do/scan all the metadata/watched statusses etc. This means you could, for instance, fairly easily try NFS vs SMB vs FTP etc etc. on different platforms and avoid the fairly significant perfomance penalty that seems to come with path substitution...

I'm a big fan of this idea. Would definitely help when you decide to reorganize media, provided you don't change the filenames.
I would like to see a 'server' install of XBMC so that we could have a single shared database for all XBMC 'clients' that connect and share the same watched status, recently added, counts, updates, etc. If you only have one locations, the install would be both.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version? - by deh2k7 - 2012-04-06, 01:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What feature would you like to see in the next xbmc version?1