Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-05-31, 15:56)e8hffff Wrote:
(2012-05-31, 15:18)s7mx1 Wrote: What I wanted to state is xbmc runs on raspberry pi well and has better gpu. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether you want to choose A10 based devices, raspberry pi or something totally different is totally your personal choice.

I wouldn't put too much weight on that AnandTech experiment as all the different CPU/GPU's were taken to the same clock speed for FLOPS rating. One clock cycle and the task performed, can be vastly different between CPU's and GPU's. It's like forcing a Ferrari and a Volkwagon to 40kph and asking which is the better car engine on the race track. You'd need to do some averages at full, load and speed, to get a real comparison.

Here's another Mali comparison:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4760/arms-...gpufor-now

Like I said, the Raspberry Pi is an experimental board for hackers and the like. It's not meant to become a commercial home product as the Mele can be with the right software ( like XBMC running on a Ubuntu linux kernel). XBMC Developers shouldn't waste their time on the Raspberry Pi as it wont further the XBMC campaign in the world.

The cool thing in OpenSource development is, i have the freedom to choose what i want. The A10 port will come but slowly. My main focus is still the RPi. Telling me i'm foul because i made that decsion is not polite. If you do not like the decision you are welcome to help in porting XBMC to other platforms.

Keep in mind we do the development for fun, not for sales numbers.

Another point is, using generic distributions like Ubuntu on embeded devices is the wrong way. Those are to bloatet, on limitied platforms.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by gimli - 2012-05-31, 16:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15