Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-07-19, 16:07)j1nx Wrote:
(2012-07-19, 13:53)ProsjektX Wrote: Why spend too much time on Allwinner then..? There's a lot of different capable ARM SOCs out there, and a lot of very interesting products in the pipe, like the Freescale i.MX6 series (Q3/Q4). Starting at around $11 for a single core cortex A9 @ 1GHz up to dual and quad cores at 1.2GHz with a very capable VPU and GPU. The support and quality of drivers I assume should be better.

Like Davilla stated, the GPU is not the real problem. The people of ARM and Allwinner are looking into the reason why the X11 GLES is not working and that will be sorted out shortly. But once again we are talking about the VPU that we want to have better support for, not the CPU and GPU.

With Pivos; CPU and GPU support was there, but what really pushed the deal was supporting the hardware video decoder in combination with their libraries.

Look at Broadcom; They appeared to finally see the power of the opensource communities with their fun project "Raspberry-Pi" and are about to open up their GPU sources. And broadcom integrated the VPU in their GPU, Allwinner uses a different chip inside the SoC.

Broadcom is opening up Sources for the R-Pi? Last time I read, they dind't want to do that just yet. Got more info? As for the BCM 970012, except for the firmware, it is completly opensource!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by oliv3r - 2012-07-19, 16:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15