Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
(2012-11-14, 23:50)Tripplesixty Wrote:
(2012-11-14, 21:23)thethirdnut Wrote: If AudioEngine is already rolled into Frodo then isn't this thread a moot point as well?

So my question is similar, since audio engine changes are going to be implemented in Frodo, are we really gunna see supported HD Audio streaming in linux on intel and nvidia chipsets?

HD Audio bitstreaming on Linux running with Intel and nVidia chipsets has been working for a number of months (for example, check out the OpenELEC development forums).

(2012-11-15, 01:25)uNiversal Wrote: Yes knowledge I have is from posts I read (not just here), some replies I get and I also read on xbmc git development and PR's etc...

I compile xbmc myself so I need to know what's going on with the code so I dont compile a totally bummed copy.

Supported hardware is too much to list but ION gen1 (what I have) works well. Theres other topics on this matter.

Personally I do minimal Ubuntu install 12.04 precise LTS with the xbmc install script on my signature and the whole signature are fixes for many nvidia systems and some are specific to my system. + wiki which I been dabling oon fixing up some parts.

Your right you need to have some interest on what's going on and read a lot to learn something. Not everyone wants or cares to.

uNi

Whilst the AudioEngine works on nVidia ION1 chipsets, the ION1 chipset DOES NOT support Bitstreaming. You need an ION2-based system for bitstreaming of DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD.

Messages In This Thread
Almost there, but still no HD - by OkvOkv - 2012-04-17, 03:54
AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by Ritzie - 2012-05-12, 18:36
RE: AudioEngine testers - Linux only - by vicbitter - 2012-11-15, 09:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4