Win HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
What is bitstreaming?
1. It is the process where the original audio stream is transmitted digitally in its original format (un-molested) to AVR for decoding. I’m going to concentrate on bitstreaming HD audio formats (DTS-HD master & Dolby TrueHD).

Hardware Requirements:
1. HTPC running Windows 7 or 8 with either an AMD APU, Intel i3 Clarkdale CPU, or HD bit streaming capable GPU (AMD HD5450 or Nvidia GT520)
2. A receiver that can decode DTS(MA) and TrueHD

HTPC:
1. Case: Apex MI-100
2. Mobo: ASRock A75M-ITX
3. CPU: AMD A6-3500
4. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB)
5. SSD: Crucial M500 120GB SATA
6. BD-ROM: LG Black 12X BD-ROM
7. HDMI cables

AVR:
1. Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package
or
2. Onkyo TX-NR717 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver

Software:
1. Windows 7 or 8
2. AMD CCC Driver
3. XBMC Frodo 12.3

Setup:
1. Connects: HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables (if there is an option, disable HDMI audio output to TV in AVR and set it to pass-thru video)
2. Install Windows 7 or 8
3. Install the latest "AMD CCC driver for AMD GPU/iGPU" or "Automatically identify and find drivers for Intel iGPU" (Note: if you run into problem with Realtek, you need to un-install it)
4. Enable DXVA2 with "Auto Detect" as Render Method and disable everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback (Note: if you are using Intel iGPU, you need to disable DXVA2 and select Software as Renderer Method)
5. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output (Note: if you encounter tearing issue, you need to disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen")
6. Select AMD HDMI audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback (Note: if you are using Nvidia or Intel GPU, you need to select Nvidia or Intel HDMI output instead)
7. Follow step below to setup XBMC:
a. Configure XBMC audio output as shown below, and you must select WASAPI for Audio output device -

FYI- if you want to enjoy blu-ray disc original menus, extras, chapter, etc, you can configure XBMC external player using this guide- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup!

Note- If you encounter any difficulty, you can ask for help in this thread. I'll try my best to help you on it.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Messages In This Thread
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC - by bluray - 2012-04-10, 23:47
RE: HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC - by Zizou - 2014-08-11, 13:58
RE: HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC - by Zizou - 2014-08-11, 17:02
RE: HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC - by Zizou - 2014-08-12, 08:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC8