Multiple simultaneous wireless 720p streams?
First time XBMC user, and on my way to setting up a NAS solution for our home using Synology NAS and a 3 TB HDD, with XBMC installed on each AppleTV (black).

I have not purchased those devices yet, want to make sure I get it right.

The preliminary tests seems to be passing so far. I'm able to stream & watch 720p vids wirelessly from an old PC with SMB share, to XBMC installed on my MacBook Pro with no stuttering issues.

I think it is reasonable to assume that I should have no issue running 720p streams once I replace my old PC with the NAS solution and using XBMC-enabled ATV's (black).

But what about streaming 2 vids (which can happen pretty much at our home), or even 3 vids (rare occasions)? What should I expect in general with the aforementioned setup? Should I expect stuttering with 2 or 3 720p streams?

I tried testing this by playing a XBMC 720p video and also a Netflix streamed movie at the same time to my wireless MacBook Pro, but I'm not sure if this is a good test to tell me whether or not I'd have problems with running two 720p XBMC vids at same time.

If there is going to be a problem, should I choose differently when purchasing the devices?

Messages In This Thread
Multiple simultaneous wireless 720p streams? - by darthdiablo - 2012-04-15, 03:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple simultaneous wireless 720p streams?0