Basic library maintenance question
I'm quite happy to accept it's something I've done, but what bothers me is that I paid attention to the screen prompts and did the 'obvious' things, including library cleaning. Maybe I got the timing wrong on that one. I read one post from some unfortunate who had to run library cleaning several times as it seemed to only remove one redundant title at a time! I think what really confused me after the re-install was that I didn't get that prompt to auto-scan. I remember it from the initial install and it certainly took quite some time, even though my total library of titles is not much more than 100 separate files. I had to try Update Library and Update at Startup in a repeated attempt to make it read through the whole collection again, which it failed to do. The update was taking maybe two seconds and then stopping. It seemed happy to have found three titles.

Thanks for the tip on getting rid of the parent folder. Vaguely recall seeing that option which obviously I got right the first time.

You are quite right - can't afford hair pulling, or the blood pressure. But most of all I LIKE seeing XBMC on the screen and want it to work. The proprietary hardware/software solutions are undoubtedly easier and cheaper, but none of them come close to the sophistication of XBMC. Just need to keep plugging away. I'm afraid you'll just have to put up with me...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic library maintenance question - by mrpleasant - 2012-04-30, 21:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Basic library maintenance question0