Linux Screen refresh rate issue on Linux Mint LMDE
Thanks. Well, I read through that thread and I've even more confused. My Acer Revo Netop is an iON system that is connected directly to my tv which does 1920x1080. When I installed the nVidia driver on it, I simply let the nVidia installer generate my Xorg.conf. So I guess where my problem is now is with this laptop. I still don't understand why I have the screen flicker issue directly on the laptop screen. I tried using the Xorg.conf in the posted link, but all that did was prevent Cinnamon from loading (I had the laptop connected to an external display that supports 1920x1080 via hdmi when I did this). I logged into MATE desktop and removed the Xorg.conf and now Cinnamon is working fine again. Xorg.conf if I understand it correctly is configured for a specific display. This is bad for me as I want to use XBMC on the laptop itself (which has a display resolution of 1366x768), but also sometimes want to connect it to a TV via HDMI out. However, it will never be connected to the same TV. So is there a way to acheive this? This appears to be much more difficult with a portable machine. Thanks for any insight.

-hogfan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Screen refresh rate issue on Linux Mint LMDE - by hogfan - 2012-05-04, 18:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen refresh rate issue on Linux Mint LMDE0