Win Can't get IMDB to scrape correct info
I have previously posted this issue but still have not found a solution. I know what the problem is but can't find a solution even tho it seems very simple.

I have IMDB and TMDb both enabled to scrape movie information. IMDB gets the info for most films but films with original releases in another language it struggles with, it either chooses its foreign name or just fails to find the info altogether.

The problem is that it is using akas.imdb.com rather than imdb.com despite my language being set to usa/international and the "keep original titles" unselected. I know it's using akas because I searched the site for films it fails on and it comes up with the same results but imdb.com comes up with the correct usa/international (english) titles.

The problem only started when i had the pre eden release (from xbmc.org) and put it into portable mode, it has persisted even tho I have now installed Eden 11 (from xbmc.org)

I have looked in the xbmc folder and looked at any files corresponding to IMDB I opened up some of the files in wordpad and just as i thought any mention of imdb is akas.imdb. so i deleted the akas part from these files but the problem persists.

Sad it's very annoying!

Anyone know of a cure?

Messages In This Thread
Can't get IMDB to scrape correct info - by DanTheHam - 2012-05-02, 19:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get IMDB to scrape correct info0