[XBMCBUNTU] Remote Control - Am I being stupid?
First impressions of XBMCbuntu are that it installs much easier on my hardware than XBMCLive did, with video and audio working "out of the box" (saving the hours of pain I suffered getting XBMC Live working) - The install screen had writing too small to read, but I don't know how much of that was down to my TV.

The only real problem I have is getting the remote control fully working that came with my AT3IONT-I deluxe motherboard. With XBMC Live I (after a lot of hassle) got it working using the advice at

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.ph...58300.html

but if I am reading Eden documentation pages correctly it is all about remote.xml within each user's directory.

* Is this correct (I'd prefer to get a universal setup for all users, but if that isn't possible then I'm happy to go down the per user setting)?

* Am I being stupid? I have looked and looked at documentation about the remote.xml file and I can't find what I need to put in the angle brackets per button or the value in between (e.g. getting special buttons to get the context menu up, getting the home button working and to toggle subtitles and full screen). That is

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<WHAT DO I PUT HERE FOR THE REMOTE BUTTON> WHAT VALUE GOES HERE FOR HOME/SUBTITLE ETC</>
</remote>
<global>
<keymap>

Help please?

Thanks

---
HTPC: Asus AT3IONT-L Deluxe with 4GB of memory and a 60GB SSD.
Running XBMC Live 10.1

Messages In This Thread
[XBMCBUNTU] Remote Control - Am I being stupid? - by madmike1415 - 2012-05-09, 13:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCBUNTU] Remote Control - Am I being stupid?0