[XBMCBUNTU] Remote Control - Am I being stupid?
(2012-05-09, 14:43)hojan Wrote: Did you check this page? http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Remote_controls

Unfortunately it didn't really help and even when reading other forum threads I just have more questions than answers.

Firstly I am assuming that the AT3ION3-I Deluxe IR remote sends key presses so I need to find which keys are associated with the special buttons when I press them. But I can't find a way to see this: irw throws up a "no such file or directory error" and turning debug on only shows on key events for buttons that are correctly working but nothing for the other buttons I want to fix.

Secondly, as I want the remote to work for all accounts I am assuming that I want to edit the relevant XML file in /user/share/xbmc/system/keymaps, but which one: it is my remote that I am configuring which might suggest remote.xml, but they are essentially key presses being send so should I be editing the keyboard.xml file?

So I am left confused not knowing which file to edit or what entries to put in that file.

Help please?!?
---
HTPC: Asus AT3IONT-L Deluxe with 4GB of memory and a 60GB SSD.
Running XBMC Live 10.1

Messages In This Thread
RE: [XBMCBUNTU] Remote Control - AM I being stupid? - by madmike1415 - 2012-05-09, 23:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCBUNTU] Remote Control - Am I being stupid?0