Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.
I wanted to introduce myself so I hope it's ok to start this thread. I've been an avid HTPCer for a long time starting with XBMC and W7MC. I really enjoy the hobby, especially the hardware aspects and helping folks out. I figure if I've gone through the pain and I can help someone avoid the same pain I am doing a good thing.

I've been doing PCs and HTPCs a long time and had an opportunity recently to import some cool stuff from China that I wanted to play with and see if other people like it too -- which from talking to people for years seemed like they would. I got really frustrated by the lack of good HTPC mini-ITX cases in the USA so I took matters into my own hands, found some cool HTPC cases, got in touch with manufacturers in China and got a carton of this and that. I even got to help make some design tweaks to one case I think HTPCers would like including myself. I also thought it'd be fun to play with an online store, ebay and stuff like that too.

I also make the plates for mounting picoPSUs in a regular ATX or SFX PSU opening. It was kind of the same thing. I wanted to use a picoPSU with a PC-Q07. I couldn't find a mounting plate. So I designed one and blogged about it. Suddenly people wanted one too. So I made more and now I've sent them from Australia to Norway and helped out some fellow HTPCers.

For some reason, I really like small HTPCs. I find them very elegant. It seems here that people also like small HTPCs. I think it's the nature of XBMC and Linux and HTPC too -- low power, cool running, good looking.

I am not a big reseller or dealer. I am more into this for the hobby. If something I have solves a need for someone I'll mention one of the cases or plates I have available if that's ok. If what I have doesn't meet the need, well I've built a lot of other HTPCs from ATX to mini-ITX, from Antec to Lian-Li so I will mention those too. It's not about me making money and pushing product. I would never push something or suggest something that would not work for what someone needed. That would go against why I am here and why I stay up too late reading, blogging and foruming(?) about HTPCs.

If you guys don't mind, my website is http://www.ecosmartpc.com and my blog is http://outsidethestb.blogspot.com.

I am interested in any feedback and suggestions.

Thanks!
Doug

Messages In This Thread
Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates. - by Dougie Fresh - 2012-05-10, 05:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.1