Cannot connect.
I have a 2011 macbook pro, 8 gb ram, i7 intel processor, running OSX Lion 10.7.3, i 386 architecture. I have XBMC 11 "eden"
i searched and searched for a log, but could not find one, no crashreport no xbmc log ANYWHERE.

anywho... im trying to use my macbook as my server since it contains all of my music etc.... i have searched both google and these forms for hours and hours and hours. Ive tried pretty much every setting possible, SMB, SMBup, windav server, changing ports, etc. I have allow Upnp, and also allow http. Here's my issue, once i start the server, i cannot connect to it from anywhere, my android phone using xbmc remote fails to connect, my ipad using xbmc constellation fails to connect (ive tried pretty much every software out there), i even tried opening my web browser on another computer and tried opening the webserver address (ipaddress:8080) and it times out (mind you i can open the web address on my macbook running the server and get to it just fine.) Ive enabled and adjusted settings in all file sharing protocols i can think of (im not computer dumb at ALL, i know networks)

I was curious, so i yanked an old windows xp machine out of my closet, loaded XBMC onto it, and immediately i was able to connect via my android phone and ipad, play songs, etc...

i'm pretty much out of options here, i do not know what to do, any help greatly appreciated. If this was already answered i apologize, i used the search tool and also searched countless pages and couldn't find it.

Messages In This Thread
Cannot connect. - by jeffm922 - 2012-05-12, 23:51
Cannot connect. - by Memphiz - 2012-05-13, 00:45
RE: Cannot connect. - by jeffm922 - 2012-05-13, 04:34
Cannot connect. - by Memphiz - 2012-05-13, 08:31
RE: Cannot connect. - by jeffm922 - 2012-05-14, 06:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot connect.0