Another "TV Show won't add" problem

I can't add any tv shows to the library view, and (with one weird exception) I don't see them in file view or any other place.

I've read through a bunch of posts about this, but I'm still not getting anywhere. I'm really new, but I've tried to follow the most common fixes, using therenamer for the files, using an accepted file structure, etc.

I have a small computer set up with xp to run xbmc, and an ubuntu server set up(probably wrong?) to add videos. I go to files - add videos, navigate to smb://mediaserver/shared (or something close to that) then navigate down the file structure to a folder marked tv shows, which has four or five series in it. I click "ok", then add the content as tv shows, using the tvdb scraper, check the automatic scan radio button, click ok. Everything seems to go well, it looks like it's gathering the info needed. After it's done, there's no new shows added anywhere I can see. I've tried using a different folder called "television" with one tv show, I've tried taking out the "season" folders and having all of the episodes for a show in one folder, I've tried putting one single episode in a show folder... every combination I could think of, nothing works.

The "weird exception" is if I'm using the "Back Row" skin, the upper right corner of the main screen shows a "Newly Added" box, which has the shows listed. If I use the up arrow and highlight any of those, I can watch the show, but it doesn't show the files anywhere else.

Here's my debug log, if I did it right... I removed the sources, rebooted then tried to add tv shows again.

I have the .old log too, before I removed the sources, I tried it too.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Messages In This Thread
Another "TV Show won't add" problem - by farnsworth - 2012-05-20, 17:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another "TV Show won't add" problem0