[WINDOWS] Worse quality on XBMC than PS3? (SShots inside) - new build
I switched from using PS3MediaServer to a dedicated XBMC box hooked up to my 55" Vizio a couple years ago. I don't think there is anything that I could do to make XBMC (or any other Windows program) look as good as the PS3, especially with SD material. The PS3 does a fantastic job at up-sampling. I've never found anything on the PC as close.

As far as HD material, the PS3 still looks slightly better, but for me it wasn't worth the headache involved trying to get PS3 Media Server to work correctly with all my content. Since 90% of what I watch is 720p or higher, the small image quality trade off was worth it. The biggest issue for me was the jitter in 24 fps material, but the refresh switching in XBMC helped drastically.

What is the native resolution of the material you are playing?

Edit: Rereading the entire thread, I do see the problem is with SD material. One thing I forgot to mention is that I had a 47" Vizio prior to the 55" (the smaller one was moved to the bedroom when I upgraded). The SD material on XBMC definitely looks better on the 55" than it did on the 47", so in my case the TV itself had something to do with it. But either way, the PS3 looked a lot better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WINDOWS] Worse quality on XBMC than PS3? (SShots inside) - new build - by relayer35 - 2012-05-30, 18:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Worse quality on XBMC than PS3? (SShots inside) - new build0