[REQUEST] Script to generate tone to keep speakers from going to stand-by
I would like to get the Maxell SSB-1 speakers to give a low-profile audio upgrade to our tv, but the reviews all indicate that there is an automatic sleep timer that is extremely short (only duration listed said "several seconds") and that it has a 5-8 second delay when coming back. Obviously this would be an issue for pausing and even starting videos.

SSB-1 Specs:
Model: SSB-1
·Color: Black
·Speaker:
Front Subwoofer
Impedance .........3 Ω Impedance .........6 Ω
Rated Power......10W Rated Power......30W
·Power Requirements: AC120V - 60Hz
·Power Consumption: 6.5W
·Configuration: 2.1 Channel System With 7.5W x 2 + 15W
·Sensitivity: 500mv/47KΩ
·Frequency: 40Hz - 20KHz (+0 / -3dB)
·Input: Two 3.5mm Aux Jacks For MP3 Compatibility
·Item #: 193002
·Item UPC #: 0-25215-19928-8
·Item Pack Size: (LxWxH) 23"x2"x8.5"
·Item Pack Weight: 3.55 lbs
·Case Carton UPC #: 100-25215-19288-0
·Case Pk./Carton Size: (6) 25.6"x10.35"x12.48"
·Carton Cube/Weight: 1.91/14.5 lbs

So here's the plan: I would like to script/have scripted something that could generate a tone (20-40Hz) anytime that XBMC does not have the screensaver activated that could keep the speakers from sleeping. As well as possibly a system menu entry to enable/disable it and even change the frequency. I've sent Maxell's tech support a message asking about the frequency range that it recognizes and would keep it from sleeping, but I'm assuming that I'll just have to play with it until I get it right.

Although I have a little background in simple C++, I'm not sure where to start with a XBMC add-on so any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you

Messages In This Thread
[REQUEST] Script to generate tone to keep speakers from going to stand-by - by tismon - 2012-06-06, 22:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Script to generate tone to keep speakers from going to stand-by1