Shared MySQL DB with Thumbs question
I just did a refresh of my Windows Home Server and now have a MySQL DB with the shared library. I also introduced profiles to keep the kid's content in one place. Everything is working well now between the two installs of XBMC that are paired with a TV and one install on my desktop computer where I set everything up. The only problem is of course the thumbnails.

Currently, I am scraping all my content either manually or through different services, and the .nfo files as well as relevant thumbs/images are stored locally with the media.

As I see it, this poses a problem when trying to set up a path substitution in advancedsettings.xml since I do not have a central place where all the thumbnails are stored.

I can't set up something like this -> PROTOCOL://YOUR_NETWORK_SHARE/xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/
because I'm not having XBMC do any scraping, all the thumbnails are already stored in a directory with the movie/TV show.

I think I'm going to have to do things differently and stop with the manual/automated scraping and use this approach:

Install XBMC on the WHS and leave it running to update the library, then use that install's thumbnail directory for path substitution.

Is there a better way to accomplish the thumbnail problem using my set up?

Thanks for any help.

Messages In This Thread
Shared MySQL DB with Thumbs question - by NickSoapdish - 2012-06-13, 17:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared MySQL DB with Thumbs question0