Double check my HTPC spec
Hi,

I'm wanting to build a HTPC which I will keep on 24/7 as it will also serve as a NAS and download box. It will be in my bedroom so noise is of concern to me. I have selected the following parts:

Lian Li PC-Q11 - Looks like I can soft mount hard drives at the base, should be able to fit up to 3 with using the dvd drive space.
120W PicoPSU - I already have this part.
A6-3500 - Gets highly recommended as a good cpu to use as a HTPC on XBMC, as I will be running Win 7 I don't need to worry about AMD drivers.
Gigabyte GA-A75N-USB3 - Good price M-ITX FM1 motherboard with enough features. Should have decent PWM control?
4gb 1600mhz DDR3 - I won't be overclocking so shouldn't need quicker than that, and 4gb should be plenty.
Scythe Mugen 3 - Seems like the included fan is able to spin nice and slow. Is this an overkill?
Samsung 830 64gb SSD - Plenty big enough to run XBMC off, is this an overkill SSD wise?

So my plan was, due to running a picopsu the case will have enough space to run a large cooler like the Mugen 3. I was hoping I should be able to run the CPU cooler at 300-500rpm without the case fan fitted. If it requires undervolting then I would happily do that, and I will also have a few 3.5" hdd's fitted in the case. I imagine I will want to have the 3.5" hard drives to spin down quickly so the only part producing sound should be the cpu cooler.

Does this sound like a sensible setup?

Messages In This Thread
Double check my HTPC spec - by saitrix - 2012-06-20, 13:38
RE: Double check my HTPC spec - by saitrix - 2012-06-20, 19:53
RE: Double check my HTPC spec - by saitrix - 2012-06-21, 08:10
RE: Double check my HTPC spec - by saitrix - 2012-06-21, 21:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double check my HTPC spec0