How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC
I have Xsqueeze 1.0.6 installed on two XBMC 12.3 instances (one a ubuntu install, the other a windows 8.1 install).

The LMS server is running on a 3rd server (CentOS 5).

If I run Xsqueeze on both XBMC instances, and then control playback from the LMS WebUI I can synchronize both Xsqueeze instances.

I installed the spotify app from the LMS WebUI and tried to play songs from there. The songs will show up in the LMS playlist and will appear to start, but after about 3 seconds, the playback time goes back to zero and nothing happens. The artwork shows up on both Xsqueeze instances, but nothing ever plays.

Does the Xsqueeze wrapper still work with spotify? Is there another way to use Spotify and synch the Xsqueeze instances?

Also, I have a problem trying to exit Xsqueeze. I get the toaster pop-up stating that it is trying to do some clean-up and will take 10 or so seconds, but Xsqueeze never closes. If I try to close again, I get the cool your jets toaster pop-up message. Is there a method for getting Xsqueeze to shutdown properly?

Thank You.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC - by GemNEye - 2013-12-31, 02:20
Having problems doing this... - by fredphoesh - 2016-09-29, 15:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How To: Easy synchronised multiroom audio (inc. Spotify!) using XSqueeze in XBMC2