Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700
Dear fellow XS35GT v3 owners, I bought one of these a couple of months ago and have been using it as HTPC since.

In order to achieve as fast a boot as possible, I'm using win8 and XBMCLauncher with XBMC as shell. Yet I'm not finding the boot time to be really up to my expectations, I rarely have XBMC launched and accessible via remote android app before 40 seconds, which is very far from the times some users are posting on these forums.
Seeing some comments on UEFI making boots faster, I tried to set it in the bios as the first boot "device", but didn't notice any kind of improvement.

What kind of boot times are you guys witnessing ?

To remove the boot time problem, I would certainly consider putting the device to sleep rather than shut it down altogether (I don't want to keep it completely up because with XBMC running it seems to keep the machine "busy" rendering screens and is probably not very effective power consumption / temperature wise). However I have some trouble with the sleep/wake function as well : I have configured in windows the power button (which is the only button available really) to put the PC to sleep / wake from it. What is really strange is it works the first time (I can put it to sleep / wake it using the power button, it is very fast and efficient), however if I push the power button another time after waking it this way, it doesn't go back to sleep anymore, and I need to restart windows.

If you are using sleep/wake rather than reboot, what kind of power schemes are you using to get this to work ?

Thanks !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700 - by quenting - 2013-01-02, 17:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D27000