Nightly (07-28) Newly added movies don't show up in Rently Added
(2012-07-29, 12:27)Cranial Wrote: I'd like to have a look at that, where did you grab that info from Jester?

I'm at work all night, but I'll have a look at recently added tomorrow if I get a chance. Most likely just a database change that needs updating in the recently added script.

Info here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...library.3E

But I don't want this thread to become a dateadded discussion, rather look at the issue of new movies not showing up Wink

So, I read through some stuff (thanks Martijn) is seems there is either logic missing or a bug .

if you create a new folder (so today's date/time) and put a new movie (new is relative, it's not in your database, but can be a movie from say 2001) in the folder, with a mtime/ctime of say 2009 it will not show up in recently added, which is wrong as it is recently added (just now, today) but the due to mtime/ctime is will not show up, so it's missing a check to see if the file is in the database, if not/new then it needs to be added to the recently added list which it currently isn't doing

Also montellese statement he made here and copied below explains why it works fine for tv shows:

Quote:It didn't make it into Eden but it will be available in the next release by default: ea3835e1c14f530b15cb. Thse changes use the video files modification date (or in case of tvshows the directories creation date) and stores that into a field named dateAdded in the database. That field is then used for sorting by Date Added and for things like Recently Added etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nightly (07-28) Newly added movies don't show up in Rently Added - by Jester - 2012-07-29, 15:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly (07-28) Newly added movies don't show up in Rently Added0