I'd like to use a "Custom" menu for my Startup Window. Settings won't allow it.
Screenshot of the Appearance Settings screen.

If you look at the above screenshot, you'll see a setting called "Startup Window". The UI will only let me select one of the pre-existing options in the list (Settings, Videos, Music, Weather, etc) but I am using this as a console emulator, and I want my custom "Consoles" menu to be the focus on startup.

I haven't located any way to accomplish this via google searches except for people saying "Edit the XML". Okay.... that's fine and I'm happy to do it, but I'm not a programmer or an expert on XBMC skins so I don't have the slightest clue where to look. Would one of you gentlement or ladies be so kind as to spell this out to me like I'm a 5 year old so I can figure it out?

Screenshot of my custom menus.

As you can see in the above screenshot, I've sliced my menu down to just Settings and Consoles. It default to Settings, and I want it to default to Consoles.

Any ideas? This is one of the FINAL modifications I need to make to this machine before it's ready to go!

Messages In This Thread
I'd like to use a "Custom" menu for my Startup Window. Settings won't allow it. - by slade19 - 2012-08-21, 06:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'd like to use a "Custom" menu for my Startup Window. Settings won't allow it.0