OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2012-11-04, 20:09)MilhouseVH Wrote: Does your 512MB really not overclock at all, not even with moderate over_voltage (it won't void your warranty unless you enable force_turbo or current_limit_override)?

Nah my 512MB really sucks unfortunately but my 256MB is a total beast. It gets file corruption with any overclock, even overclocking the gpu by 1, it would corrupt first reboot consistently. I thought it was only gpu, but even with ram at stock and arm at 800, it will still happen occasionally, but often enough to be too annoying for a xbmc setup.

To add to previous question about getting xbmc to read nfo/metadata etc Is that functionality locked off R-Pi xbmc because I notice early builds movie/tv tabs were greyed in the settings. I thought maybe it is tied to them tabs then building libraries. Sorry I am a new convert from WMC so my knowledge of xbmc is limited but I do really like it.

I thought another reason is the 'info' button on LG TV is still tied to the tv rather than xbmc, I tried with a mouse to see If I can find a way to display, synopsis, movie info etc but cant with it either. I was thinking of trying to get the info button to triggered by one of the coloured buttons which currently do nothing. I read wiki but was not be able to figure out what to do with the remote.xml to get it to happen.

@tuxen Thank you for your informative post. I had play around and I increasing the buffer size via advanced settings but it didnt seem to hava an effect. I was watching memory usage while playing video, I bumped the cacher buffer up a stupid amount but it pretty kept using the same amount of RAM. I think your end advice to stick with defailt is probably best. I only very occasionally have problems and I am pretty sure it is the USB bus on the R-Pi or Wifi dongle having an occasional schizt'ing out.

I try pretty much every build but have moved my everyday use xbmc from r12015 to r12352, all wifi, CEC working as good as it ever has and from my observations, I see a ~20% less cpu usage when playing videos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Wanderlei - 2012-11-05, 05:24
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12