OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2012-11-05, 05:24)Wanderlei Wrote: Nah my 512MB really sucks unfortunately but my 256MB is a total beast. It gets file corruption with any overclock, even overclocking the gpu by 1, it would corrupt first reboot consistently. I thought it was only gpu, but even with ram at stock and arm at 800, it will still happen occasionally, but often enough to be too annoying for a xbmc setup.

I had a 256MB that would regularly corrupt the SD card with any type of core overclock, but configuring it to use a root filesystem mounted from USB memory stick worked around that - maybe you could still overclock your 512MB just by mounting the root filesystem from a USB memory stick.

In OpenELEC, just modify your cmdline.txt to be:

Code:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 ssh quiet

and then insert a USB memory that contains a single ext4 partition.

(2012-11-05, 05:24)Wanderlei Wrote: To add to previous question about getting xbmc to read nfo/metadata etc Is that functionality locked off R-Pi xbmc because I notice early builds movie/tv tabs were greyed in the settings. I thought maybe it is tied to them tabs then building libraries. Sorry I am a new convert from WMC so my knowledge of xbmc is limited but I do really like it.

Those items become active once you have scraped the corresponding Movie/TV media. If you just browse your media folders in Videos -> Files then XBMC is not going to import your nfo/fanart/thumbnails automatically (though you may be able to request it manually imports a specific item) but it should display folder.jpg's if they are present.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Milhouse - 2012-11-05, 05:36
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12