OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-01-28, 20:57)popcornmix Wrote: But if you use your init script reboot hack - with dmesg log enabled, and it successfully boots, are there no mmc errors on boot?
I've a suspicion I've seen the first two messages (the DMA ones) but with no ill effect. Whereas the final three are unfamiliar to me and sound more worrying (and hence a better choice for rebooting).

It seems quite normal to have DMA messages (maybe they should be suppressed) but its the last three (the timeout errors) that seem to be related to the slow performance, and thus the eventual file/partition corruption. It's just that it's quicker to determine slow performance (or the lack of it) by writing a file than waiting for dmesg to report that there is (or isn't?) a problem. An SD card that is behaving itself doesn't generate these timeout messages.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Milhouse - 2013-01-28, 21:05
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12