Bug Actor search results inconsistent
In the "Movie" view, selecting "Actors" gives a list of actors in the movies I have in my library with no problems, and as long as "Show Movies in Sets" is not selected, everything works as expected (click on actor name and see all the movies they are associated with).

The problem happens when "Show Movies in Sets" is selected. In that case, if the actor is associated with a movie in a movie set, the movie set does not appear in the search results unless the actor is in more than one of the movies in the set. Because the movie set doesn't appear, you can't drill down to the matching movie in those sets.

The best example I can use for this is "Jenette Goldstein" as she has appeared in one movie of 4 different movie sets (Alien Anthology, Terminator, Lethal Weapon, and Star Trek TOS movies) along with other movies that should be popular enough that this can be reproduced easily.

If you go to a movie and select "Cast", then click on a name, you always see the correct results regardless of the setting of "Show Movies in Sets", so this appears to be a database query issue, and not an actual problem with the data.

This also does not appear to be a skin-specific issue, as it happens on 3 widely varied skins.

Messages In This Thread
Actor search results inconsistent - by nabsltd - 2012-10-29, 20:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actor search results inconsistent0