Unidentified files / movies repository? Not in library.
NOTE: I am using a monthly build, I am unsure if the detection code has changed?

Hi all,

Is this a bug or should this be a suggestion?
I've managed to find about 4 or 5 movies in my movie path which are not identified by XBMC, the filenames are pretty bad as are the folder names. Definitely understandable.
What's concerning is they simply don't appear at all, the movies are 'lost' for lack of a better word - me never knowing they're missing.

Is there somewhere where a list of files which aren't matched, in a valid library folder is stored? This seems like a bit of an oversight.
If I manually browse to the folders via the 'files' view and find them, when I click 'i' on the keyboard it even says "Querying IMDB info" and obviously finds nothing (hence the initial library scan ignoring them)

I have what could only be described as an extremely large collection, so there could be dozens of movies which I'll never know about due to this. I admit I should be keeping my files in good order and continue to try to by renaming the files, re-scanning, rather than forcing XBMC to the correct info - so it doesn't happen again - but when I don't know they aren't even matched and I have so much, it's difficult.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd really appreciate it.

It might be nice to just have an 'unmatched' section or something somewhere tucked away - so I know what to clean up?

Here's what the string looks like in the log.

11:20:39 T:2736 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://USERTongue[email protected]/j$/!Movies/blahblahblah(etcetc).avi' (obviously not the real path)

Messages In This Thread
Unidentified files / movies repository? Not in library. - by AbRASiON - 2012-11-03, 02:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unidentified files / movies repository? Not in library.0