XBMCbuntu Frodo beta1, Mysql shared library thumbnail cache not syncing
Hi all,

According to the wiki, as of Frodo, it's no longer necessary to centralize, share and use path substitution for the posters, fanarts, etc. when using a centralized mysql library. See link below. I have 2x htpc w/ a shared msql library which is working properly however the fanart, posters, etc. aren't syncing as the wiki describes. I'm looking for confirmation that this feature is live in Frodo beta1 and any help troubleshooting this.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...and_fanart

Details:
- Mysql library hosted on ubuntu server, previously used w/ 2x htpc's running XBMCbuntu Eden
- advancedsettings.xml entry:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>sqldb</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

- Movies and TV Shows libraries are working (Movie/Show title, info, watched/unwatched flag, etc.) on both htpc's
- In an attempt to fix this, I removed the "set content" setting for both my Movies & TV shows sources. This left the Video Library empty. I then re-added both and on the main htpc all Movies/TV shows have good posters, fanart, etc. while the second htpc does not. Initially, the second htpc prompted me to "update video library cache" which I selected "Yes" for. There was a progress indicator that flew through Movies, TV Shows, actors, etc. however upon completion there are still no Fanart, Posters, Actor thumbs, etc. only captured thumbnails from the video files themselves.

Please help!

Rob

Messages In This Thread
XBMCbuntu Frodo beta1, Mysql shared library thumbnail cache not syncing - by tret - 2012-12-01, 21:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Frodo beta1, Mysql shared library thumbnail cache not syncing0