WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
da-anda, that was an excellent suggestion! Thanks.

After switching to software decoding, GPU load barely goes over 12-13% and not a single dropped frame while watching 5 minutes of a full SBS and another 5 minutes of a full TAB in interlaced mode. CPU load rarely goes over 27%.

Interlaced 3D support is definitely getting better. But, earlier this year in March, I wasn't happy with the interlaced 3D support, so I had compiled an OpenGL build of XBMC for Windows. The OpenGL build has native support for interlaced 3D. No need to hit the monitor's 3D button and at least the OSD controls are not doubled. But, the OpenGL build drawbacks are: no hardware acceleration and it's not officially supported.

If you want to see for yourself, for testing purposes of interlaced 3D, below is my newly compiled OpenGL build for Windows of Gotham 13.2 . It works best when software decoding is selected.

Just temporarily rename your current XBMC.exe and drop the contents in the XBMC program folder.
http://1drv.ms/1tB4t8z

Thanks again for the software decoding tip.

Messages In This Thread
Intel® InTru™ 3D support - by acidizer - 2014-01-26, 12:47
, - by User 102910 - 2014-08-08, 11:11
RE: Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc - by Johnny569 - 2014-12-03, 00:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11