Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]
All,

You need to forgive @opdenkamp he's probably particularly grumpy from his recent lack of sleep!

I tried this myself and I must admit for the first time in a very long time I was able to view HD live TV. (Note: I simply hacked pvr.hts to change 1088 to 1080). Interestingly this is not the first time this has been suggested as a fix for a hardware H264 decoder. Though it's the first time in this context.

Now we can hack these things in to pvr.hts to overcome the problems, but really this is clearly (as has already been made pretty clear) a problem in XBMC omxplayer. 1088 is a commonly used broadcast height. Also the lack of an i-frame at the start of the stream, while I can mod TVH to ensure this its still a bad idea to rely on this in the player, just in case. Most other players/decoders already cope with this just fine.

I must add those this was far from a complete solution, I still didn't get playback every time, but I'll revisit some other investigations I undertook some months ago to try and improve the omxplayer pvr buffering.

This does look like a step in the right direction though and at least might help the relevant people focus on the problem.

Adam

Messages In This Thread
does live tv work at all????? - by pootler - 2013-02-08, 18:38
RE: Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server] - by adamsutton - 2013-03-09, 17:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV doesn't work on Openelec [tvheadend server]5