New multi-purpose A10 tank killer. Meet the WartHog
Smile 
Since my A6 build has been, and still is HUGE success,..and having some extra money in Amazon credits,..I've decided to build a multi-purpose A10 HTPC.

Why A10?
- Because I want to, and because I can. Actually,...the fact that I can skip a graphic card is still awesome, and saves me money for other things. Plus I get one powerful processor!
What will you use this one for?
- XBMC, as a gaming computer, internet browsing, budget, taxes, spreadsheets, work, ripping DVDs and BDROMs,....and more.
Why not an A6 or even the 65W version of the A10?
- I wanted something much more powerful (see above for usage),..and I didn't care about power or heat,..since I'll be putting this in a mid-tower sized case and locating in a closet.

So here are the parts (and I'll update with pictures when I build this monster).

[CASE] I am using a mid-tower Rosewill case I had on hand,..however,..I would have brought this one, since it comes with a 500W PSU.
Rosewill Black ATX Computer Case with 500-Watt Power Supply R519-BK $69.95
[Power Supply]
Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX500) $75.36
[CPU]
AMD A10-5800K APU 3.8Ghz Processor $119.99
[CPU Cooler] Although I could have just used the stock cooler,...I like "pimping" my HTPC with a nice CPU cooler. Although I'm partial to the Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler,...I decided to try the Cooler Master this time.
Cooler Master GeminII M4 - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes $34.99
[MOBO]
MSI Socket FM2/AMD A85/DDR3/SATA3&USB3.0/A&GbE/ATX Motherboard FM2-A85XA-G65 $99.98
[RAM]
Corsair Vengeance Red 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866 MHz (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory $54.99
[SSD] While I didn't buy an SSD (at least not yet),...I would buy this one,...and I just may order this one before I build.
Crucial m4 64GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s $72.99
[BD-ROM] Didn't go with a BD-ROM drive at this time,...but would recommend this one (and just may upgrade to this in the future,..especially when I want to rip blu-rays)
LG UH12LS28K LightScribe 12x SATA Blu-Ray Combo Internal Drive, Bulk (Black) $81.99
[OS] Still have to buy this,..and I refuse to use Windows 8!!!!
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack $99.99
[Keyboard] I'll haven't figured out what RF keyboard to buy just yet,..but this one is really awesome with LOS.
IOGEAR Multimedia Keyboard with Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel, 2.4GHz Wireless GKM561R (Black) $39.08
[HDD] I already have a few HDDs,...but this one is cool.
Western Digital Caviar Green 2 TB Desktop Hard Drive WD20EARX

Of course I've probably forgotten something,..but, it'll come to me. Wink

oh,..and in case you're not familiar with an A10 Warthog:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-10_Thunderbolt_II

Messages In This Thread
New multi-purpose A10 tank killer. Meet the WartHog - by GortWillSaveUs - 2013-01-02, 17:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New multi-purpose A10 tank killer. Meet the WartHog3