I have ideas for a new UI/Skin - But i can't code!
I would definitely keep developing your idea.. Whats the general theme going to be for the whole Skin?

If you want someone to Code a skin for you, your going to want to minimise their work load. If you gave me those few mockup id tell you to go away. there is too many possibilities, Unknowns on where stuff goes or even what it looks like?!

From personal experience, when coding a XBMC skin. Start out, with a mockup of ALL WINDOWS. Icons, everything basically. I spent a long time in this Phase and Still constantly tweaking it. When designing this some UX concepts and knowledge will help GREATLY..

Once i had my idea fully fleshed out, ive started to teach myself how to code a skin. But the key here is im not blinding going in, wondering what it will look like or where elements will go.

Some Critic:
  • Font: that Font hurts my eyes / Hard to read as all caps. I dont think it would translate well from 720p to 1080p and different screen sizes. Experiment with different fonts and Sizes.
  • Your Colours. Currently you have Roughly 5. They All Blend into each other too much. Think about better contrast to high light elements. and better use of White space. (dependant on design)
  • Thinking about whats is Taking Focus? The Currently selected Element? the Background? what? It all blends in together and is a little hard from a quick glance what is what where etc.

To give yourself an Idea of good mockup take a look at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...big+alaska and the heaps of others on this forums and on the Web.
You'll have greater luck in someone helping you Code and see your vision with better Mockups. More detailed the better. Put HOURS into them.

I spend near 3 months on my mockups every day for a few hours!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have ideas for a new UI/Skin - But i can't code! - by soxism - 2013-01-10, 11:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have ideas for a new UI/Skin - But i can't code!0