libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
Hi Everyone,

I just tried this build on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" tablet - and have to say I am impressed. From the generic XBMC build which played 1080p video at a slideshow rate, this build played it without any stuttering at all! Great work!

I do, however, have an issue with a couple SD videos (which do work in the generic build). Trying to play them causes XBMC to crash fairly quickly. I have pasted the debug log Here. Trying the same videos with libstagefright turned off allows the videos to play.

However, I have a feeling I need something else (as I don't see much related to the crash in the log). I did read something about a "logcat" log for crashes, but do not know how to obtain (and a quick search on google didn't help much, but I didn't look too hard). If someone points me in the correct direction, I would be more than happy to provide whatever is needed. My device is at the Samsung stock Jellybean level. It is not rooted, so that may be a limiting factor.

Thanks! and once again, great work!

Messages In This Thread
RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - by GeePrime - 2013-02-27, 18:20
libstagefright - by mo123 - 2013-05-14, 14:29
RE: libstagefright - by Koying - 2013-05-14, 14:30
RE: libstagefright - by Maverick5269 - 2013-05-16, 23:04
RE: libstagefright - by matander - 2013-05-19, 18:26
RE: libstagefright - by FreeFrag - 2013-05-22, 13:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10