DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-03-18, 14:36)phunqe Wrote: Ah yes, I remember that now when reading it. Thanks.

First step is to get hold of that patch then, even if it wasn't finished. I don't mind working on it even if it's never going to be patched into the trunk. I think there'e quite a few users that are serious enough about having the best PQ to compile XBMC by themselves.

On a side note, I had relaxed my need for the best PQ for a while until I accidentally did a non prepared test. I had setup a playercore factory xml file to use with MPC-HC and madVR becuase I wanted to test something. However, I got something else to do and I forgot about it for the rest of the day, without restarting XBMC. I was at some stage later (next day) watching a blu-ray of The Life of Pi when XBMC crashed. I started it again and played the movie from start while I was going to the bathroom (so I didn't notice MPC-HD starting up). When I came back I was like what the hell happened to the PQ. So much better PQ "suddenly", until I realized it was MPC-HD with madVR playing.
After this experience there is no more internal player and I want to get madVR going with DSPlayer, even if it means I have to compile it myself, since with DSPlayer you retain all the GUI parts.

Yep, already knew that. I agree with u, madVR is beautiful, and that's the way i got also on MPC-HC, evr, lav and madvr.
Sometimes i watch my media on MPCHC. But it's usually on XBMC with lav, that i playback almost everything cos i don't wanna trade the XBMC experience, and lav is also nice.
MadVr + Xbmc would be WOW!, but i'm exceptical: there's already a long story behind and it didn't reach success Sad
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by vicmanpergar - 2013-03-18, 16:05
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8