DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-01-23, 02:35)Johnny569 Wrote: Thank you so much for this XBMC DSPlayer branch.

I have an old laptop with Nvidia GT240M that cannot bitstream HD codecs. Using LAV splitter, LAV audio decoder with DSPlayer set to ReClock audio Renderer in WASAPI exclusive mode, I'm able to decode DTS-HD/TrueHD to 24-bit LPCM and send to receiver unmolested without having the Windows 8 OS downgrade the audio to 16-bit. Amazing.

Looking at the LAV status window and ReClock properties, TrueHD is decoded to LPCM 24-bit.

But, I've noticed a slight visual bug with this XBMC DSPlayer version.

The in-play sound properties does not display the current selected audio stream and subtitle, whether I enable DSPlayer or not in the GUI. It's blank. But, I really appreciate that I can see all the audio streams and subtitles all at once. For example, Prometheus Bluray has 13 audio streams and 28 subtitles. It was a real pain cycling through them one by one with the main branch.

With XBMC from the main branch, the current audio and subtitle is displayed.

It's a small visual bug in the DSPlayer branch.

Otherwise, this DSPlayer branch is absolutely amazing. By the way, as an added bonus, I've noticed that it automatically remembers the last played position from my Blurays and can resume. Main branch does not do that.

Many thanks to the developpers. Excellent work!

Just be aware that unless you have the dtsdecoderdll.dll file installed you will only get DTS core playback and not fully decoded DTS-MA on those files with that codec.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by steelman1991 - 2014-01-23, 14:22
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8