DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-02-04, 18:55)pjakesson Wrote:
(2014-02-04, 17:54)KenV99 Wrote: Hmmm. This questions gets asked and answered frequently. If you go back a few pages to post #520 you can see what has recently been said.

My question to you is: What is driving you to want to use DSPlayer?

Thanks, but I have read that post and the answers, but it is not really clear for me.
On the wiki it says

"....thus eliminating the need for XML config tweaking, which may be difficult for inexperienced users. To enable this mode simply check the option "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)".

But still I get error when trying to play videos:

16:09:55 T:4192 NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
16:09:55 T:4192 NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
16:09:55 T:4192 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
16:09:56 T:4192 ERROR: CDSPlayer:Tonguerocess - Failed creating DS Graph
16:09:56 T:1280 ERROR: XBMC.PlayMedia could not play media: smb://SERVER/Videos/XXX.mkv

I would like to try DSPlayer to see if it fixes my problems with stutter after resume from sleep.

regards

Per

So that's where it becomes difficult to troubleshoot. If you use merits, then without further investigating it's unclear which DS filters are set to be used when you try to play an mkv file. Do you know what DS filters you have installed on your system?

Perhaps more useful to you would be to use a DS based player such as MPC-HC to play back a file after resuming from sleep. If it still stutters using that, then it's going to stutter with DSPlayer unless you find a set of specific filters that eliminates your stutter and you then specify those filters in DSPlayer's xml configuration files and turn off the switch for using merits.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by KenV99 - 2014-02-04, 19:19
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8