DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-02-09, 23:56)Cinder Wrote: I just installed my new HTPC in the TV bench, but I am having an issue with DSPlayer not doing anything when I select a movie or other video file in Kodi. This is really weird because it worked previously, so I uninstalled Kodi and everything related to it, then reinstalled Kodi with DSPlayer.

Still no luck, whenever I click a movie Kodi just freezes for like 1/10th of a second, like its trying to start the movie, but then continues on like nothing happens (I can see the RSS feed stuttering). I tried dowloading Helix without DSPlayer, and it runs perfectly, finding my movies and playing them.

Any ideas what I can do to get DSPlayer to run?
I am running Windows 8.1 on a AMD Kaveri A8-7600 CPU with integrated graphics.

I have the exact same problem with exactly the same setup, Windows 8.1 on a AMD Kaveri A8-7600 CPU with integrated R7 graphics I bought a couple of weeks ago (I just updated the AMD drivers). The Kodi DVD player plays the movies just fine (DXVA2 disabled) but the DSPlayer will not work ... says "buffering' for a second and then nothing happens, no frame-rate switching, nothing ... just remains on the movies list. Downloaded the Kodi+DSPlay installer Wednesday from Aracnoz's GitHub and followed all the instructions from Warner 306 on post #1067. However, I notice the 'dsplayer' folder was not created after installing Kodi and had to create one manually to copy the xml files. The DSPlayer menu was available in Kodi and I configured it as per the instructions, a 'shaders' xml was automatically created by Kodi and stored in the dsplayer folder I created in userdata (not in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer" as indicated by Warner 306Huh). But unable to play any moviesHuh Will check the log file over the week-end and start Debug if required to see if I can understand what went wrong.

Messages In This Thread
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by LeKodeur - 2015-02-13, 01:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8