DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-03-22, 03:30)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-03-22, 01:07)Warner306 Wrote: @ oldpoem

You might enjoy the tutorial below which combines ffdshow with madVR to create the high-quality scaling for different profiles:
http://www.ezoden.com/htpc/4/how-to-setu...troduction.

I noticed aracnoz got a reply on the Doom9 forums regarding the problem with mouse commands not being recognized. It has now been fixed. Hopefully, he is close to having a test build available in the coming month.

If you read this thread I was the one who pointed out that link to other ho interest to use ffdshow raw for post processing 15 months ago.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1517992

In fact I used ffdshow raw profiles for DSPlayer for years. I'm currently using it with AviSynth with Spline64resize & LSFMod for sharpening. The result was good. It's an essential to get the most out of DSPlayer without resort to use external player.

Yes, I understand. I'm not trying to push external players. I was just pointing out that Kodi community is missing something by not using madVR. I have been using madVR because I think it adds something to the experience and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything as far as the core Kodi experience is concerned - even if I am using an external player.

By all accounts, it looks like aracnoz is going to at least make it to a test build with madVR integration. The debate about what filters to use can go on, but I see no reason not to use madVR as your video renderer. Combining ffdshow raw with madVR might be the best experience for many.

I have a multi-part guide in progress that outlines the basic set-up of DSPlayer with LAV Filters and madVR. It contains images and step-by-step instructions. I know that is presumptuous, but I was bored and like to write detailed guides.

Messages In This Thread
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by Warner306 - 2015-03-22, 22:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8