DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-03-25, 15:01)Bjur Wrote: I already have DSPlayer configured with LAV Filter. So if I understand correct. It's either ffdraw with LAV filters and LAV Filters with MadVR? I will definately try out MadVR, There are several link, so I will see what makes most sense and see if I can get it working and when it comes look to your guide to see if it's configured the same way of if I missed something.

No, you can have DSPlayer with LAV Filters , FFDShow and MadVR altogether. I'm using it right now. But with all these altogether be sure to not do same thing by two or more software.

For example you don't want to deinterlace more than once, so choose what you want to deinterlace with and don't enable deinterlace in others. I went with deinterlacing in LAVFilters and disable it in FFDShow RAW and MadVR. NVidia HW Deinterlacing in LAVFilters tends to be better than software deinterlacing like YADIF in FFDShow / MadVR.

Also you might want to use FFDShow RAW profiles to apply some post-processing to deblock those SD DivX/XVid files too. And you can also test & compare those scaling option (AVISynth Spline64resize etc. in FFDShow RAW & Jinc etc. in MadVR).

But you don't want to sharpen before scaling though. So if you decide to use MadVR to do scaling. Be sure to disable any sharpening in FFDShow.

There are a lot trial & error you can try. My suggestion is don't totally believe anything you read that would be best, try and see for yourself which you prefer.

Also SVP should works as well with FFDShow & MadVR but I'm not a fan so didn't try.

Thanks to Aracnoz & Madshi for giving us this wonderful piece of software. Happy experiment!

Messages In This Thread
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by oldpoem - 2015-03-25, 15:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8