DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-03-27, 20:13)oldpoem Wrote: It is debatable that MadVR Jinc3+AR gives superior visual quality over FFDShow AVisynth spline64 though with or without sharpening filter applied. But for weaker system it definitely better in many case. Not everyone would go out to buy new graphics card just to use Jinc3+AR in MadVR though.

What you like about apply sharpening is also debatable since most advance scaling algorithm do some of sharpening itself already. It just that what you want to manipulate /enhance it further or not. It's personal taste.

Also not everyone has AVR as well. Many users would benefit from audio processor.

It's ok that you don't want to include these since you won't use it. But I believe many would benefit from it and may found it suites their taste more. So it's all about options.

What makes AVisynth spline64 superior to spline scaling in madVR? I don't know much about AVisynth.

Also, scaling alone is not a reason to buy a graphics card. madVR's dithering and high-bit depth output are superior to other renderers. It also offers high-quality RGB conversion and integration with 3D LUTs that are equally important.

Can you provide a list of settings you prefer in a format similar to what was posted?

I agree that FFDShow Audio might be of use to many. I might consider adding a brief tutorial in the last section. But it wouldn't be today. I've never used FFDShow Audio, so it is hard to promote it.

Those are the only quibbles with what was posted?

Messages In This Thread
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by Warner306 - 2015-03-27, 20:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8