High CPU only when on Movies or TV item of home menu
(2013-02-18, 14:39)Ned Scott Wrote: this is by no means a technical explanation, and I have limited knowledge in this area... but I'm fairly certain that just sneezing at the Raspberry Pi will cause high CPU usage. There's not a lot there, so it doesn't take a lot to cause "high" usage.

All very true Ned, and so hopefully further optimisations can be made that will help, such as eliminating the issue discussed here which is likely to impact low resource devices such as the Pi more than any other (and go largely unnoticed on more powerful x86 systems). I don't know if anyone can look at this particular issue, but the initial replies in that thread were quite disappointing as they seemed to suggest it is quite normal to seek for non-existent files hundreds of times a second... some sanity is needed here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High CPU only when on Movies or TV item of home menu - by Milhouse - 2013-02-18, 17:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU only when on Movies or TV item of home menu0