High CPU only when on Movies or TV item of home menu
I've just done a fresh install of Raspbmc Final onto a SD/USB3 stick combo. I'm seeing 70-90% CPU on xbmc.bin pretty much all the time, on any screen. It only dropped to 22% when I started playing an AVI.

I haven't scraped anything yet, just got a couple of folders on my PC added as Sources but not added to the database yet, just in File mode.

On previous builds, I only saw this high CPU on the Settings screen (and tab) when on the right-hand pane and on the Home screen on tabs where the Addon Shortcuts were displayed.

EDIT: It's still doing this actually. If I go to for examples Settings - Appearance and move to the right-hand pane, xbmc.bin gets pegged at around 95%. Moving back to the left column it drops back to 60-75%.

I just tried adding Youtube as an Addon shortcut and with the Videos tab selected on the Home screen so that Youtube icon is visible, the CPU stays around 60-80% so I think that might be better as I'm sure it was at 95% before like in Settings, although I had more addon shortcuts before so it might go up once I add some more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High CPU only when on Movies or TV item of home menu - by doveman2 - 2013-02-18, 23:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU only when on Movies or TV item of home menu0