HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
Really could use some help, been pulling my hair out trying to get this working properly.
Systems (A) & (B) are identical Revo 3610 / Openelec 3.0.6
Content is stored on two shares (TV & Movies) on an N36L server via OpenMediaVault (192.168.0.35) / MySQL client version: 5.1.66

Here's how I set it up....

(1) Installed MySQL on OMV server via following guide, which also sets up xbmc user with correct permissions (http://bootlegninja.awardspace.com/xbmc-server/omvsql/)
(2) On system (A) which held the main library, exported library single files (saves files out to main shares)
(3) Updated the advancedsettings.xml on (a) to point to the mysql dbs, rebooted machine
(4) Added share for Movie content (using smb://192.168.0.35/Movies not smb://OMV/Movies) and let it scan. All movies added with viewing history maintained
(5) Booted (B) updated advancesetting.xml & shares as above, rebooted

System (A) works great, as before introducing MySQL, but although I can access the content on (B) - in all but a few cases the thumbnails don't show and navigation seems a little slower. Any ideas on how to solve this since spent loads of time getting nowhere
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by johnyb - 2013-07-28, 13:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2